Resist - Protect - Create!
Who: Calling all Change Agents! Whether you are a veteran activist or recently mobilized member of Indivisible - We want you to join us on beautiful Vashon Island as we learn together, create art and props, build community, and deepen our activism.
What: Backbone Campaign presents a series of trainings; each workshop will focus on one of the five disciplines, or Sectors of Agency in our Theory of Change:
- Artful Activism, creative campaign design and props to make the invisible visible, bringing light to cause;
- Community Organizing, non-transactional inquiry and engagement, building leadership and community power;
- Cultural Work for anti-oppression & sense of place;
- Storytelling and Media Making for reflecting and projecting our stories; and
- Solutionary Strategies for a Just Transition, building and proving that another world is possible.
Where: Trainings will happen at the Hostel Space on Vashon Island, 12119 SW Cove Rd, Vashon, WA 98070
Shared sleeping accommodations are available on a first come/first served basis.
- May 12-13 (5 pm on Friday - 5 pm Saturday) - Community Organizing, Creative Tactics and Kayaktivism. Jim Diers will lead a Friday night workshop on Community Organizing. Bill Moyer and Eric Ross will teach on Action Design and Creative Strategies. Then we'll head out to Quartermaster Harbor for a kayaktivist training, to prepare for upcoming actions necessary to keep our Salish Sea protected from an onslaught of fossil fuel projects. Love Wins! Register.
Let's increase our collective capacity to be effective change agents and build a future worthy of our children!
Continue below to RSVP for these actions or HOST your own!