RSVP Below to join the noisy, vibrant, and colorful visual team at the "Stop Salmon Extinction - Free the Snake River" Event.
- Saturday, March 26
- 10-12:30 (Set up starts at 9am)
- Location: UW Tacoma, then 1/2 mile procession to federal policymakers' offices
Don't miss the music, speakers, t-shirts, swag, and snacks followed by a processional to the Congressional Offices of U.S. Rep. Derek Kilmer, U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, U.S. Maria Cantwell.
- Annette Bryan, Council Member, Puyallup Tribe of Indians
- Alyssa Macy, CEO of Washington Environmental Council and Washington Conservation Voters, and member of the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
- Kristin Ang, Commissioner, Port of Tacoma
- Mandy Apa, Environment Washington, University of Puget Sound graduate
- Robb Krehbiel, event emcee, local activist and conservationist
Backbone is looking for banner holders, inflatable carriers, drummers, and more to create visual spectacle. Will you be part of our contingent?
- RSVP BELOW to be part of the fun!
- Register for the Event: Sign up for snacks, t-shirt, swag HERE
And there's MORE!
Following the Procession at 1pm will be a Salmon Send-Off & Community Salmon Celebration Event on Saturday, March 26th at 1pm at Swan Creek Park, Tacoma, WA, sponsored by OceanFest and the Puyallup Tribe.
Salmon Send-off — Community Salmon Celebration
- Hosted by: Foss Waterway Seaport
- Saturday March 26, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Swan Creek Park, Pioneer Way Entrance
- *Limited Parking, Please Carpool
1:00pm | Litter Pickup & Partner Activities (Tacoma Ocean Fest, Pierce Conservation District, Foss Seaport salmon art project)
2:00pm | Salmon Send-off: David Sway-La Duenas, Puyallup Tribe cultural department and Lushootseed teacher
2:15pm | Coho Salmon Fry Release
2:30pm | Cleanup and partner activities
Link to Facebook Event: https://fb.me/e/2kOcFqHYF
This will be a great day in Tacoma to take action in multiple ways for salmon, the Pacific Northwest's keystone species.
- March 26, 2022 at 9:00am – 1pm
1915 Commerce St
William Philip Hall
Tacoma, WA 98402
Google map and directions