Build Inflatable Puppets, Celebrate Earth Day!
Join Backbone Campaign for a rare opportunity to explore Inflatable Puppet Building at this Community Workshop and Art Build.
Stitchers and Artists of Backbone Campaign's Builder's Guild have been innovating the creation of fan-driven inflatable puppets for progressive causes. We invite you to an evening of community building, sharing of stitching and design skills, and exploring the evolution of our process for making inflatable imagery!
We aim to stitch together, in time for the week of Earth Day, one or more light-weight Inflatable fan-driven Earth Globes.
By the end of the workshop, we hope that new and veteran stitchers will gain experience with the process and want to join our team of stitchers helping to make awesome inflatable imagery into the future.
NEVER SEWN BEFORE? - Not a problem. There is plenty of help needed if stitching isn't you're cup of tea :-).
Supplies you can bring:
- Headlamps for improved visibility. (Bring an extra to share if you have one).
- Eyeglasses or magnifying glasses if it improves your eyesight.
- Spring, trigger, or screw clamps for holding fabrics in place.
Special thanks to Rod, Laura, Riki, Rob, Kelly, Doc and the many volunteers who've been instrumental to expanding this exciting frontier of artful activism!
- No skills necessary.
- Dress for a slight mess, and warmer wear (the space can be a bit cool).
- Feel free to bring snacks or beverages to share.
- Bring any extra brown paper shopping bags, any spare adult-sized football/lacrosse/baseball batting/motorcycle helmets, or clean plastic screw-top containers.
Accessible by bus, street parking available, wheelchair accessible. See you there!
PS: **** Want to lend your painting skills to make a more beautiful world! Please Text/Call Eric at 805-776-3882 or email [email protected]
- April 14, 2017 at 5:00pm – 9:30pm
Freemont Arts Council's Powerhouse
3940 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Google map and directions