Have you ever wanted to learn how to mobilize giant banners for issues you care about, stitch, batik beautiful banners, or screen print? THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY.
350 Seattle and Backbone Campaign are teaming up to offer you this fun and festive opportunity to add some key artful activism skills to your tool belt.
Showing up to actions and protests is important, but we have WAY MORE FUN being part of the team that imbues those actions with the beauty, art, and potent messaging that makes our movements inspiring and recruiting to the next wave of activists. Also, every action is a collaboration and it takes many hands to manifest bold artful activism, so join us for the pARTy so you have the skills to be part of the team!
Our hope is that you'll join us for weekly bannering over I-5 (reaching thousands of commuters), help co-lead art stations at Art Builds, and help mobilize imagery at actions.
Let’s celebrate and learn together! Join us for a fun party with fellow artful activists!
- Be part of our knowledgeable deployment teams and get the skills you need to help others set up imagery and more at actions and events!
- Learn skills for making a variety of imagery at art builds!
- There's fun to be had in learning how to mobilize banners, sew, batik, screen print, and project computer generated graphics.
- Of course we'll be eating and socializing too!
- The people who show up for our art builds and actions are some of the most kind-hearted, passionate, and uplifting people you'd want to surround yourself with. Come join our ranks!
Supplies / food items you can bring:
Bring Non-GMO food to share if you can.
- A shirt in case there's a chance to screen print a few.
- A headlamp and a jacket, some activities will be happening outside.
Together, we've got this! We're the one's we've been waiting for!
- October 13, 2017 at 6:00pm – 9pm
Fremont Arts Powerhouse
3940 Fremont Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Google map and directions