"On behalf of the Backbone Campaign we present you, Congresswoman Jayapal with this 2019 Backbone Award for being Our Champion and Leading with Vision!"
On September 28th, 2019 Backbone Board co-chairs Mary Lou Finley and Jim Farrell made the presentation to Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal's representative during our 2019 Backbone Awards & Solutionary Gala. The following week, Executive director Bill Moyer was able to re-present the award directly to the Congresswoman (video below).
Check out the Congresswoman's enthusiastic and eloquent acceptance of her Backbone Award:
Backbone co-founder and executive director Bill Moyer was able to present the award directly to the Congresswoman on Oct 8th 2019 at a Vashon Town Hall hosted by Rep. Jayapal.
- authoring the Gold Standard for Single Payer Health Care, HR1384
- introducing the bill for universal access to public colleges an universities
- your important work on the Raise the Wage Act,
- your great work on behalf of justice and decency for immigrants, for those seeking refuge in the United States, with dogged resistance to ICE.
- your central role you are playing on the house Judiciary Committee as Congress seeks to hold the President accountable.
- and your strong leadership as co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus and leadership on the Medicare for All caucus
Your initiative and creative leadership with the recent Impeachment Teach-Ins is further evidence that you are bringing your great strengths in community organizing to the nation's work. We are both fortunate and proud to have you as our Congress member!
Showing 1 reaction