[NOTE: Keep coming back to this page for updates and links to preparatory events such as:
- the Vashon Kayaktivist Orientation on Tuesday, Sept. 4 from 5:30-7:30 at Jensen Point. RSVP HERE
the Orca Organizing Call #3 on Tuesday, Sept 4 from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM RSVP HERE
Use https://zoom.us/j/7222639356 for video conference
- Sign up to be in a Carpool/Ride share here
- Truck transport of personal kayaks
- More info on roles and needs, point people contact info., etc.]
Backbone Campaign is joining our friends Save Our Wild Salmon at this year's Free the Snake Rally on the Snake River. This is the 4th year of the annual Rally on the River.
We're looking for kayaktivists, boat friends and landlubbers to be part of the creative tactics. In addition to on-water banner raises, there will be a giant Human Orca Mural on the beach and other imagery deployment. Will you be part of the Backbone Team?
Enjoy camping on the water, hear Winona LaDuke speak, and show up to support removing the deadbeat dams of the Lower Snake.
PLEASE BE SURE TO WASH YOUR KAYAKS BEFORE TRANSPORTING THEM BETWEEN BODIES OF WATER. THIS IS CRITICAL TO PREVENT TRANSPORTING INVASIVE SPECIES INTO THE SNAKE RIVER.
RSVP below and we'll be in touch with logistics for the weekend.
For more information about the event, visit the Free the Snake website.
For information about dam removal, visit Save Our Wild Salmon's action alert page.
- September 07, 2018 at 4:00pm – September 08, 2018
- Chief Timothy Park on Snake River, Clarkston WA