Though Zoom allows folks to join by phone only, we are hoping you'll try it with either your computer or smartphone in order to use the video features.
We'd like to experiment with breakout rooms (something new to us), and if possible, let others practice hosting so they can see controls and options.
Zoom has free accounts, see https://zoom.us/pricing for individuals and TechSoup has Zoom discount program for nonprofits. Backbone is a paying subscriber which normally allows a few more options, so let's use the Backbone Zoom channel for this How To session.
Please RSVP BELOW to receive the Zoom link you'll need to participate.
If you are interested in viewing some tutorials, here are a couple options.
How to Join a Zoom meeting:
- Zoom controls:
- I was just watching to video on Breakout Rooms:
RSVP below if you plan to participate. Let me know if you have experience as a Zoom host, or whether there is some other skill you'd be willing to share tonight or in the future - or question/issue that you'd like to discuss on this or a future Zoom session.
We may want to set a time keeper(s), a note taker(s) and co-hosts.
Here's a draft agenda:
- Welcome/Check in (10min)
- Zoom controls (15min)
- Discussion of facilitation/participation skills that may be useful (10)
- Quick jam on Ideas for skills and tools for our community in times like these. Pick 4(?) topics (5)
- Practice breakout rooms to discuss topics. (15)
- Report back from breakout rooms (10)
- Next steps, idea sharing and helping others use Zoom (10)
- Closing (10)
Again, this is a bit of an experiment. No pressure to participate or to make it too big a deal, it's just a way that Backbone can help you help others avoid isolation and keep the work we all do evolving.
We are all in this together!
Bill Moyer & Team Backbone
- March 17, 2020 at 9:00am – 10am
- Zoom Conference Tool
- 8 people are going