Resist - Protect - Create!
Who: Calling all Change Agents! Whether you are a veteran activist or recently mobilized member of Indivisible - We want you to join us on beautiful Vashon Island as we learn together, create art and props, build community, and deepen our activism.
What: Backbone Campaign presents a series of trainings; each workshop will focus on one of the five disciplines, or Sectors of Agency in our Theory of Change:
- Artful Activism, creative campaign design and props to make the invisible visible, bringing light to cause;
- Community Organizing, non-transactional inquiry and engagement, building leadership and community power;
- Cultural Work for anti-oppression & sense of place;
- Storytelling and Media Making for reflecting and projecting our stories; and
- Solutionary Strategies for a Just Transition, building and proving that another world is possible.
Where: Trainings will happen at the Hostel Space on Vashon Island, 12119 SW Cove Rd, Vashon, WA 98070
(Exception: the April 22 Community Organizing Training will happen at a different Vashon Island location.)
At the overnight trainings, shared sleeping accommodations are available on a first come/first served basis.
When: Dates, topics and confirmed speakers are:
- March 10-11 (4pm on Friday - 5pm Saturday) - Artful Activism, Backbone Theory of Change and Campaign Organizing - Backbone Co-Founder Bill Moyer and Organizing Director Eric Ross, WAMend Cindy Black. Cost for training, meals and housing: $50-$200 (Sliding Scale). Register.
- March 25-26 (8am Saturday - 3pm Sunday) - Cultural Healing, Anti-Oppression and overcoming fragmentation and alienation - Paul Cheoketen Wagner, Margot Boyer. Cost for training, meals and housing: $50-$200 (Sliding Scale). Register.
- April 1-2 (8am Saturday - 3pm Sunday) - Media and Storytelling - PRESENTERS TO BE CONFIRMED. Cost for training, meals and housing: $50-$200 (Sliding Scale).
- April 22 (9am - 5pm; Saturday only) - Community Organizing - Jim Diers, Sandra Vandervan - O Space on Vashon, Cost for training, lunch: $25-$100 (Sliding Scale).
- (Date pending) - Solutionary Strategies - More info coming soon.
Let's increase our collective capacity to be effective change agents and build a future worthy of our children!
- March 10, 2017 at 4:00pm – March 11, 2017
- Hostel on Vashon Island
- $50.00 USD
- 12 people are going