Because of the many ways you support Backbone, together we're standing up to gun violence, ICE, pipelines, new fossil fuel infrastructure, student debt, and for profit healthcare. In this bi-monthly newsletter, we want to keep you updated on the latest happenings, opportunities for action and reports on the great work you and others are engaged in!
If this work inspires you and restores your faith that we WILL win our fight for true democracy, pitch in here to keep these actions happening.
Now and Upcoming, in May:
- Backbone Solidarity Brigades all over the country are making history this weekend. FIFTEEN cities are projecting messages about gun control and NRA's influence in Congress as the NRA's annual conference occurs in Dallas. To welcome attendees, our friends in Dallas projected on the Convention Center Building itself. Stay tuned!
- The Lowell Pipeline Resistance crew in Massachusetts has many upcoming actions using Backbone's inflatable pipeline. May 15th is an important action concerning a meeting between National Grid and local government.
- Monthly film showing at Vashon Theater: The film is "Faces Places" and the event includes art and discussion by local students.
- The monthly Solidarity Brigade call is open to all. (A reminder email will be sent out as we get closer.)
- The downtown Seattle Patagonia store is hosting Backbone for an evening of hands on artful activism, including light projection. Stop by for drinks, Patagonia provisions (snacks) and how tos on projections, light paneling and bannering.
Previously, in April (plus May Day!):
Great actions took place in Massachusetts, DC, Tacoma, Tallahassee, and more! Click on the links to see full Action Reports.
Check out our Recent Actions blog to read about more awesome actions by Backbone's Solidarity Brigade teams around the country.
If you're excited about Backbone's brand of artful activism and want to fuel more actions like these, please make a donation here.
Backbone needs your help to facilitate more actions that make an impact:
If you're excited about Backbone's brand of artful activism and want to fuel more actions like these, please make a donation here. Being the Nation's Prop Library for Progressive Activism requires organizing, supplies, warehouse space rent, imagery shipping, and more. We're all in this together, and we cannot do this without your support.
Join the Lumbar Club by making a monthly recurring donation - currently, donors like you contribute anywhere from $5/month to $200/month! Whatever fits into your budget will help get more lights, banners, and GOBOs into the hands of change agents everywhere.
Together, we can transform crisis into opportunity and despair into hope by taking impactful action on the issues we all care about. And action by action, we'll build the world we aspire to create.
Team Backbone - Bill, Amy, Roni, Judy, Phil